Tuesday, August 7, 2007

confidence is key...

I have noticed throughout my life that confidence is key. Confidence gets you what you want, when you want it. In relationships, it's a funny thing. People can be attracted to confidence, but it could turn someone off as well. But when it comes to everyday tasks that could otherwise be hard to handle, confidence gets you what you want. One example of this would be what happened to me yesterday. I had this Black Cherry Chocolate phone that was barely a week old. I had taken it to the beach with me on Sunday, and SOMEHOW it got really, really, really scratched. The weird thing is, I didn't even drop it in the sand. I think that somehow, sand got in my pocket and the little Chocolate's face was soooo tender that it just scratched right up. This pissed me off to no end. I knew, however, that Verizon had a somewhat flexible return policy. I knew that if I had enough confidence when I went in to try to get a new phone (for free), it would happen without fail. The hang up was, there was no real problem with the phone except it being scratched, and I didn't have the original box. So, I called one Verizon store in Beaverton and asked them what I would have to do. They notified me that I would have to call customer service (611) and ask them to OK me returning my phone at a Verizon store. So I did that. The woman on the phone was very helpful, because I was confident in telling her what I wanted to happen. She put the notes on my account, and I left to go downtown. When I got to the downtown Verizon store, I worked with a woman (so you know I didn't flirt to get my phone) and it was pain free. I had a confident attitude of "this is not working for me and therefore I want a new phone" and the only problem she had was that I didn't have the box. I told her that she could just take the box of my new phone (even though I wanted a Black one now instead of a Black Cherry one) and use it as my return box. She obeyed my order without any ado. It was amazing. If I had come in and asked nicely, she would have pulled the old "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do without the original packaging" line. But because I told her how it was going to go down, there was no argument what so ever. So, when you want something done - you just have to have confidence in yourself. If you second guess yourself, people will take advantage of that every day. I don't let that shit slide, and neither should y'all. I am also very happy with my new black, unscratched Chocolate phone. :) (Just in case you were wondering).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's one of the things i like about being with you. i know shit is going to be taken care of and no one will mess with us. :) i wish i had more confidence
-ko