Tuesday, September 25, 2007

quote of the day...


Rick Sanchez, CNN News Anchor

"What's wrong with a white guy doing social commentary on another race? On the one hand, he's brave enough to do it, on the other hand, he's trying to be real honest about it. Its meant to be a compliment, but its not. Every African American I've talked to since this (and my, have I gotten a bevy of phone calls) inside and outside the business - people are actually offended. They call this a suttle type of racism. Not the "hit you over the head with a hammer" type, its the velvet glove type."

-on Bill O'Reilly's comment below, after visiting a Harlem restaurant with Al Sharpton

"I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." He later went on to add "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea."

No comments: