Tuesday, September 4, 2007

on the human level... (stereotypes)

So, this is something I have been pondering about for quite some time now, and I will be adding to this topic through more posts down the line.

I am a human. A human being. Nothing more, nothing less. But why does this society push us to be more?

Stereotypes

What are stereotypes? They are labels. They are what define you in your society. To people on this Earth, I am a white, middle class, young, female, American, Atheist, Accountant and college graduate. Forget all that. I am human. That's all. I don't want to be known for my income. I don't want to be known for how many years I went to school. I don't want to be known for whether or not I have committed any crimes. I do not want to be known for what jobs I have had in my past. Judge me on my actions. What did I do to better this society? What actions did I do on the human level that made a difference?

No comments: